THE 3-DAY COACHES
The Susan G. Komen 3-Day® is a community of people who commit to making a difference. The minute you sign up, you're part of our family.
- The 3-Day coaches will mentor you throughout your journey.
- Our online resources, app, workshops and training walks help you all along the way and connect you with other 3-Day walkers in your community.
Team up with your friends and family to support each other and make an even bigger impact. Tell stories, sing and dance, and have someone by your side to encourage you through the miles.
- Band together to increase your fundraising power.
- Walking with a team makes the miles go by faster.
- You're more likely to reach your goals and cross that finish line when you have the support of a team.
- Teams aren’t right for everyone, many of our walkers choose to walk solo. Some meet up with teams or other solo walkers along the way.
- Whether you walk with a team or solo, we all walk together to end breast cancer.
There’s a 60, 40 or 20 mile walk ahead of you. No matter the distance you choose, training is an important part of the journey. Remember, even though it’s hard, it’s not as hard as breast cancer. Our training walks and tips will get you ready to take on the challenge, regardless of your current fitness level.
- Volunteers lead training walks all over the country.
- Our suggested training schedule will keep you on track.
- On the event, we'll pick you up in one of our support vans if you need a ride at any point.
When you join the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk to end breast cancer, you commit to raising $2,300, $1,800 or $750 dollars depending on the route you choose. It sounds like a lot, and it is, because it takes big, bold efforts to end breast cancer. We’ll help you get there.
- You'll get your own personalized fundraising page and can send emails directly from your 3-Day participant center.
- Link a Facebook Fundraiser to your 3-Day account and use the power of social media.
- Fundraise from your phone with our app.
- Numerous other online tools, printables and suggested message templates, and the advice of the 3-Day coaches, will help you reach your goals.
- We'll reward you as you reach certain fundraising goals.
The Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk to end breast cancer begins with an emotional Opening Ceremony, where we come together as a community to honor and remember why we walk—for ourselves, our loved ones and for those still fighting or living with breast cancer. If you’re new to the 3-Day, this is your introduction to the 3-Day Pink Bubble. If you’re returning, it’s where you’ll meet up with old and new friends to begin your 3-Day journey.
- Honor those living with and lost to breast cancer.
- Share stories.
- Get ready to walk!
ON THE ROUTE
The 3-Day transforms into a 60-mile moving monument dedicated to the power of ending breast cancer forever. With every step, we pay tribute. We wear the memories of our loved ones on our shirts, in our hands, in our hearts. Every mile is fully supported with pit stops, safety crew, and cheering spectators.
- Pit stops with snacks, drinks and toilets.
- Medical support along the route, at pit stops and in camp.
- Volunteer crew members looking out for you and your safety.
- Community cheering stations to keep you motivated and full of joy.
For two nights, you'll stay with the 3-Day community. You'll refuel and recharge with delicious meals, hot showers and massage chairs.
For the San Diego 3-Day, you will stay outdoors under the stars, just like sleepaway camp for grown-ups. We'll provide the tents—you make them home.
The other 3-Days will take place in one main hotel, with participants sleeping in that hotel as well as other nearby hotels as needed. That way you get all the comforts of a hotel room, without missing out on the camaraderie of the 3-Day community. This will be at no additional cost to you.
FINISH LINE FESTIVAL
You may have begun your journey walking for a loved one, but after three days and up to 60 miles of walking, fellowship, and friendship, you’re also walking for yourself. You’re accomplishing something incredible—celebrate it with us at the Finish Line Festival!
At the conclusion of your walk, we all celebrate together. It’s not a race—it’s a victory for all of us. Your legs may be tired, your feet may be sore, but you won’t be defeated. The Finish Line Festival is your final destination—a hero’s welcome from family, friends and the community to say thank you for the miles you walked and the funds you raised in the fight to end breast cancer.
We’ll close out the 3-Day experience with reflection, honor and gratitude, and of course a celebration of all we’ve accomplished.