3 Days. 60 Miles. Not as hard as Breast Cancer.
Your Susan G. Komen 3‑Day® starts the moment you make the commitment. Your 3‑Day coaches will support you as you train and fundraise. Our amazing community of walkers, crew, and volunteers will welcome you as you get ready to spend three magical days together on a journey to end breast cancer forever.
The first day begins with an inspirational Opening Ceremony where the adrenaline and anticipation of taking on 60 miles is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. The feelings of pride and strength you’ll realize while walking 60 miles through the Chicago area are only matched by the spirit and gratitude of the communities you encounter and those you are helping along the way. Soak in the views of the Windy City as you walk along the lakeshore. Then enjoy the beauty of Chicagoland’s tree-lined suburban streets, highlights of downtown, historic architecture and more of what makes Chicago the city second to none!
You’ll spend two nights at the Marriott Marquis Chicago or a nearby hotel, in the embrace of the dedicated 3-Day community, sharing stories, eating meals together and making new friends. It all culminates in a Closing Ceremony celebrating everything you accomplished, remembering those we have lost, and honoring those who are in the fight of their lives.
We do it for ourselves, our sisters, mothers, fathers, daughters and friends. Because we can't sit idly by watching while breast cancer still exists in the world. Since 2003, we've raised more than $875 million to save lives, support community programs, and make huge strides in breast cancer research.
The Susan G. Komen 3‑Day is an experience you’ll never forget. It’s why our walkers come back year after year to recommit their time and energy to put an end to breast cancer once and for all. Commit now.
It's a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. We stay together as a community on Friday and Saturday nights in a local hotel. It includes meals, a 3-Day lounge, massage chairs and lots more!
The route is fully supported by an experienced and energetic crew who will keep you safe and cheer to you the finish line! Bring your favorite water bottle (we have plenty of stations to refill it all weekend long!), your walking shoes, and an open heart.
You'll raise $2,300 to help end breast cancer. It may be hard, but it's not as hard as breast cancer. We’ll match your commitment by taking care of your food and sleeping arrangements over the course of the weekend. Now’s the time to step up and commit to this challenge—for this mission, for those you love and for yourself. You can do it and we are here to help!
THE 3-DAY JOURNEY
THE 3-DAY COACHES
The Susan G. Komen 3-Day® is a community of people who commit to making a difference. The minute you sign up, you're part of our family.
- The 3-Day coaches will mentor you throughout your journey.
- Our online resources, apps, workshops and training walks help you all along the way and connect you with other 3-Day® walkers in your community.
We’re here for you — to answer all your questions, celebrate your successes and help you achieve your fundraising and training goals. Let’s do this!
Team up with your friends and family to support each other and make an even bigger impact. Tell stories, sing and dance, and have someone by your side to encourage you through the miles.
- Band together to increase your fundraising power.
- Walking with a team makes the miles go by faster.
- You're more likely to reach your goals and cross that finish line when you have the support of a team.
- Teams aren’t right for everyone, many of our walkers choose to walk solo. Some meet up with teams or other solo walkers along the way.
- Whether you walk with a team or solo, we all walk together to end breast cancer.
There’s a 60, 40* or 20 mile walk ahead of you. No matter the distance you choose, training is an important part of the journey. Remember, even though it’s hard, it’s not as hard as breast cancer. Our training walks and tips will get you ready to take on the challenge, regardless of your current fitness level.
*40-mile route choice is only available in Denver in 2023.
- Volunteers lead training walks all over the country.
- Our suggested training schedule will keep you on track.
- On the event, we'll pick you up in one of our support vans if you need a ride at any point.
When you join the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk to end breast cancer, you commit to raising $2,300, $1,800* or $750 dollars depending on the route you choose. It sounds like a lot, and it is, because it takes big, bold efforts to end breast cancer. We’ll help you get there.
*1,800 fundraising level is only available in Denver in 2023.
- You'll get your own personalized fundraising page and can send emails directly from your 3-Day participant center.
- Link a Facebook Fundraiser to your 3-Day account and use the power of social media.
- Fundraise from your phone with our app.
- Numerous other online tools, printables and suggested message templates, and the advice of the 3-Day coaches, will help you reach your goals.
- We'll reward you as you reach certain fundraising goals.
The Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk to end breast cancer begins with an emotional Opening Ceremony, where we come together as a community to honor and remember why we walk—for ourselves, our loved ones and for those still fighting or living with breast cancer. If you’re new to the 3-Day, this is your introduction to the 3-Day Pink Bubble. If you’re returning, it’s where you’ll meet up with old and new friends to begin your 3-Day journey.
- Honor those living with and lost to breast cancer.
- Share stories.
- Get ready to walk!
ON THE ROUTE
The 3-Day transforms into a 60-mile moving monument dedicated to the power of ending breast cancer forever. With every step, we pay tribute. We wear the memories of our loved ones on our shirts, in our hands, in our hearts. Every mile is fully supported with pit stops, safety crew, and cheering spectators.
- Pit stops with snacks, drinks and toilets.
- Medical support along the route, at pit stops and in camp.
- Volunteer crew members looking out for you and your safety.
- Community cheering stations to keep you motivated and full of joy.
For two nights, you'll stay with the 3-Day community. You'll refuel and recharge with delicious meals, hot showers, massage chairs and fun and meaningful programs.
The Chicago 3-Day will take place in one main hotel, with participants sleeping in that hotel as well as other nearby hotels as needed. That way you get all the comforts of a hotel room, without missing out on the camaraderie of the 3-Day community. This will be at no additional cost to you.
FINISH LINE FESTIVAL
You may have begun your journey walking for a loved one, but after three days and up to 60 miles of walking, fellowship, and friendship, you’re also walking for yourself. You’re accomplishing something incredible—celebrate it with us at the Finish Line Festival!
At the conclusion of your walk, we all celebrate together. It’s not a race—it’s a victory for all of us. Your legs may be tired, your feet may be sore, but you won’t be defeated. The Finish Line Festival is your final destination — a hero’s welcome from family, friends and the community to say thank you for the miles you walked and the funds you raised in the fight to end breast cancer. We’ll close out the 3-Day experience with reflection, honor and gratitude, and of course a celebration of all we’ve accomplished.
YOUR STEPS ARE POWERFUL
- Understand, prevent and treat metastatic breast cancer.
- Discover new treatment and technologies to improve outcomes for all patients.
- Increase access to and participation in clinical trials.
- Address gaps in access to and utilization of affordable, high-quality health care.
- Provide access to screening, diagnosis and treatment.
- Help with transportation, childcare and more so patients can focus on treatment.
- Provide people with opportunities to share their passion for the movement and compassion for each other.
- Support survivors, caregivers and those living with metastatic breast cancer.
- Provide information and guidance to help navigate the care journey.
- Advocate for more research funding and protections for patients.
- Educate health care providers, policymakers, opinion leaders and the public on the burden of breast cancer.
- Empower patients and the public to take charge of their breast health.