3 Days. 60 Miles. Not as hard as Breast Cancer.
Your Susan G. Komen 3‑Day® starts the moment you make the commitment. Your 3‑Day coaches will support you as you train and fundraise. Our amazing community of walkers, crew, and volunteers will welcome you as you get ready to spend three magical days together on a journey to end breast cancer forever.
The first day begins with an emotional Opening Ceremony where the adrenaline and anticipation of taking on 60 miles is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. The feelings of pride and strength you’ll realize while walking 60 miles through San Diego’s cool surfside neighborhoods are only matched by the spirit and gratitude of the communities you encounter and those you are helping along the way. You’ll walk along the Pacific Coast Highway and will be wowed by the beauty of Del Mar, Torrey Pines and Mission Bay!
You’ll spend two nights in our outdoor camp, in the embrace of the dedicated 3-Day community, sharing stories, eating meals together and making new friends. It all culminates in a Closing Ceremony celebrating everything you accomplished, remembering those we have lost, and honoring those who are in the fight of their lives.
We do it for ourselves, our sisters, mothers, fathers, daughters and friends. Because we can't sit idly by watching while breast cancer still exists in the world. Over the past 18 years, we've raised more than $863 million to save lives, support community programs, and make huge strides in breast cancer research.
The Susan G. Komen 3‑Day is an experience you’ll never forget. It’s why our walkers come back year after year to recommit their time and energy to put an end to breast cancer once and for all. Commit now.
It's a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. We stay together as a community on Friday and Saturday nights, glamping outside. It includes meals, a 3-Day lounge, massage chairs and lots more!
The route is fully supported by an experienced and energetic crew who will keep you safe and cheer to you the finish line! Bring your favorite water bottle (we have plenty of stations to refill it all weekend long!), your walking shoes, and an open heart.
You'll raise $2,300 to help end breast cancer. It may be hard, but it's not as hard as breast cancer. We’ll match your commitment by taking care of your food and sleeping arrangements over the course of the weekend. Now’s the time to step up and commit to this challenge—for this mission, for those you love and for yourself. You can do it and we are here to help!
YOUR STEPS ARE POWERFUL
- Understand, prevent and treat metastatic breast cancer.
- Discover new treatment and technologies to improve outcomes for all patients.
- Increase access to and participation in clinical trials.
- Address gaps in access to and utilization of affordable, high-quality health care.
- Provide access to screening, diagnosis and treatment.
- Help with transportation, childcare and more so patients can focus on treatment.
- Provide people with opportunities to share their passion for the movement and compassion for each other.
- Support survivors, caregivers and those living with metastatic breast cancer.
- Provide information and guidance to help navigate the care journey.
- Advocate for more research funding and protections for patients.
- Educate health care providers, policymakers, opinion leaders and the public on the burden of breast cancer.
- Empower patients and the public to take charge of their breast health.