Chances are someone you know and love has or will face a breast cancer diagnosis sometime in your lifetime. For me, the statistic hit home when my aunt was diagnosed. She is a two time breast cancer survivor and for the past 12 years has headed up a wonderful support group and outreach for women impacted by this disease. I will be walking in her honor in November.
BREAST CANCER FACTS
• In 2017, more than 250,000 women and more than 2,400 men in the U.S. are expected to be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer.
• One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
• Every two minutes, one case of breast cancer is diagnosed in a woman in the U.S.
• In 2017, more than 40,000 women and more than 400 men in the U.S. are expected to die from breast cancer.
• Early detection and effective treatment have resulted in a 38 percent decline in breast cancer mortality (deaths) in the U.S. between 1989-2014.
• Today, there are more than 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S.
We can fight breast cancer proactively for all individuals who are and will be impacted by this disease in the future. Wouldn’t it be great to be a part of the solution and movement to stamp out Breast Cancer? You can help! You can join me and walk for the cure (that would be awesome), or if you are unable to walk, you can help support my fundraising effort. Thank you for any consideration you can give this request.