- How do I use the 3-Day Facebook app?
- Will messages about my 3-Day fundraising appear in the Facebook News Feed?
- If I accidentally deleted my application can I re-add it?
- Can my friends or family add my app to their Facebook pages?
- Can I remove the app?
- I received a donation but my application doesn’t reflect it yet.
- I am registered for more than one 3-Day. Can I get more than 1 fundraising app in my Facebook profile?
- Why am I seeing messages on my Facebook profile about receiving a donation when I see no change in my 3-Day fundraising account?
- How do I get to the 3-Day App page to do things like donate my profile picture or share a story?
- How do I opt in to scheduled news feeds?
Print Our How to Fundraise with Facebook Guide
1. How do I use the 3-Day Facebook app?
- Install the app from the Widget page of the Susan G. Komen 3-Day® website.
- In the left hand column of your Facebook Home Page, select Apps. Click the “Share with friends” button to put a message about your Komen 3-Day fundraising in the News Feed.
- Select Susan G. Komen 3-Day. You may need to click "more" to see the full list of all of your apps.
- Click the photo in the “Donate your profile picture” to make the 3-Day® logo your profile image.
- In the “Get the Word Out” section, select a message and click “Share with Friends.”
- Follow your progress in the “Your Progress Indicator” area.
- Go the Scheduled Newsfeeds tab and check which messages you would like to appear in the News Feed.
- Go to the “Share Video” tab to share a 3-Day video in the News Feed.
- On the “Share Your Story” tab you can share your story with other 3-Day participants using the app. This content does not appear in the Facebook News Feed. On the “Share Your Story” tab you can share your story with other 3-Day participants using the app. This content does not appear in the Facebook News Feed.
2. Will messages about my 3-Day fundraising appear in the Facebook News Feed?
Messages will appear in the news stream whenever there is a change in your fundraising progress, provided you gave the app permission to publish articles to the news stream when you installed the application. These messages will say "Jane Walker" has received another donation for the 3-Day! Help Jane reach a $XX fundraising goal. Donate today."
You can also trigger a message in the news stream by using the tools on the 3-Day App page - replacing your profile picture with a 3-Day logo, posting a message, opting in to the scheduled news feeds, etc.
3. If I accidentally deleted my app can I re-add it?
Yes, you can simply go the Widget page and click the Facebook application link to re-add it.
4. Can my friends or family add my app to their Facebook pages?
Only if they are registered 3-Day participants. We don’t currently support the ability for friends to fundraise on behalf of participants.
5. Can I remove the app?
Yes, to remove the app, follow these steps:
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click the down arrow next to “Home” in the upper right corner, then select “Account Settings.”
- In the menu in the left column, select “Apps.”
- To the far right of the 3-Day application, click the X to remove the app from your page completely.
- Confirm that you want to remove the application by selecting “Remove” on the pop-up screen.
6. I received a donation but my app doesn’t reflect it yet.
The app gets updated every few hours. Depending on when the donation came through it may not be reflected yet. If you would like it to update immediately, you can click on the refresh link on the app and it will update the information in 2-3 minutes.
7. I am registered for more than one 3-Day. Can I get more than 1 fundraising app in my Facebook profile?
You can use the same app to fundraise for all of your 3-Day events. Simply select the Facebook link on any of your Participant Centers. In Facebook, a drop down list box will display in the top right corner of your application canvas page that allows you to toggle between each of your 3-Day events. This allows you to easily send posts to the news stream to friends for all of the events you are participating in this year.
When you are in the app in Facebook, there still can only be one 3-Day selected at a time, but that 3-Day event can be changed at any time. When you change the 3-Day event, new Facebook posts will reflect the current 3-Day selected while previous posts will show up with the 3-Day event that was selected at the time the post was made. Any scheduled newsfeed posts that you have opted-into will be based on the current city selected.
8. Why am I seeing messages on my Facebook profile about receiving a donation when I see no change in my 3-Day fundraising account?
Have you recently changed your fundraising goal? Any time there is a change between the amount of your fundraising goal and the amount of your fundraising balance, a notification is triggered. Have you recently completed online check-in (purchased towel service or made a self-donation)? Those actions could also trigger a notification.
9. How do I get to the 3-Day App page to do things like donate my profile picture or share a story?
If you’ve bookmarked it, a link will appear on the left-hand side of your Facebook Home page. If you do not see a bookmarked link:
- Login to Facebook.
- In the left hand column of your Home Page, select Applications.
- Select Susan G. Komen 3-Day. You may need to click "more" to see the full list of all of your applications.
10. How do I opt in to scheduled news feeds?
The 3-Day Facebook app has the ability to place scheduled announcements in your Facebook news feed to remind your friends about your participation in the 3-Day and motivate them to support you with a donation. As with all of the 3-Day messages we provide in the application, they will contain a link directly to your personal fundraising page.
You can choose to opt in to as many or as few of these scheduled announcements as you wish. To do so, log in to Facebook and select Susan G. Komen 3-Day in the list of your apps on the left-hand side (you may need to select “more” to see the complete list of all of your apps. Once in the 3-Day app, select the Scheduled Newsfeeds tab.