Before the Event
Here are some ways to support your participant before the big day arrives:
- Write a letter expressing your love and support to your walker, which we’ll deliver to her/him on the event. Getting mail on event can provide a big boost to their spirits. Take a few minutes to write a note which will brighten up their Komen 3-Day experience!
Send letters to:
Susan G. Komen 3-Day Camp Mail
ATTN: INSERT NAME OF PARTICIPANT
PO Box 411546
San Francisco, CA. 94141
Envelopes only, please. No boxes or large packages. Mail must be postmarked no later than June 11th in order to ensure delivery at the 3-Day Camp Post Office. Please note: This address is not the actual location of camp, but a PO Box for mail delivery only. Any mail that is not received by the 3-Day® by June 11th or retrieved by the participant by July 8th will be destroyed.
- Organize a group to host your very own private cheering station. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.) You have the potential to turn any tired 3-Day walker into a happy participant by surprising them at a cheering station!
- Help raise money. Ask your participant how you can get involved in her/his fundraising plan to help your walker exceed their fundraising goal.
During the Event Weekend
Once the big weekend has arrived, there are any number of ways to support your participant.
After the Event
Your participant has participated in two emotional celebrations, a challenging 60-mile journey and a life-changing experience in just three days. Now, it’s time to go back home. Here are some tips on how to help your walker make a smooth transition back to their daily routine.
- Thank your participant for the incredible commitment they’ve made!
- Have a welcome home meal prepared and make it an evening of rest and relaxation.
- Encourage your participant to share the 3-Day experience.
- If you can’t attend the Closing Ceremony, be sure to ask how much money was raised!
- Unpack, clean and put away gear.
- Share the newspaper articles or news footage that you’ve collected over the weekend.
- The following day, give your participant a massage or schedule a day of pampering at a spa.
- In the days to come, help your participant write thank you notes.
- Print pictures and assemble a scrapbook.
- Help your participant plan a reunion party to keep in touch with other walkers.
- Get ready to do it all over again! Maybe you’ll be joining the 3-Day next year!